fresh and familiar

My brother told me ages ago to open a blog here, but I never listened to him. It came to a point where I had forgotten all about his suggestions and found myself here one day reading someone else's writings. Next thing you know.. here I am .. with little brother in tow saying "I told you so." At least he's nicer about it than I would have ever been to him.

I decided to gather my favorite of favorites from other blogs and re-publish them here. Fun to read and sometimes even funny - always worth another [or a first] look.
And I'm here for now, so let the fun begin -- same ol' me in a brand new format.


People think that I'm an intolerant person. I'm actually not. Well, I am, but for all things stupid and lacking in any common sense. I'm also quite intolerant of my younger brother - but it's a sibling thing. It's nothing personal.
Overall, though, I have tons of endurance when it comes to physical pain, discomfort, and general malaise. I usually can get through sicknesses without going to a doctor, which isn't always the best policy. But hey... it's me.

I have had some ear problems for the past few days. I know I need to go see an ENT, but I'm not too thrilled. Meanwhile, after about 1 day or so of pain and itching, it all subsided to be replaced by a fucking incessant ringing, that, obviously, I only hear when things around me pipe down. It's like a fire alarm, only it's one steady, long, never-fucking ending pitch and it just beeeeeeeeps. I don't know how I haven't struck a coworker in a fit of frustration. Yet.

I'm going to go see the damned ENT by the end of the week, but after checking my symptoms on WebMD, it's nothing that dire. "Millions of people suffer from [ringing of the ears] and there's not much that doctors can do about it." Well, that's really fucking comforting! Thanks for the great news.

I know it isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's annoying as nails on a chalkboard. At least I can still hear through it.. for now.

Miracle Ear, here I come [in 20 years] !!


No comments: